Herculaneum: Priority Entrance
- Skip the Line Smartphone Ticket
Pompeii & Herculaneum
- Skip the Line Smartphone Ticket
- Access to Pompeii
- Access to Herculaneum
- Free cancellation up to 24 hours before your visit (if selected)
Herculaneum: Skip The Line + Guided Tour
Dig up the ancient secrets of Herculaneum with an archaeologist
Pompeii & Herculaneum: Skip The Line + Guided Tour
See a city untouched by time and enjoy a guided tour from an archaeologist
Herculaneum Ticket Information
Why book your Herculaneum ticket in advance?
Herculaneum, an ancient Roman town located at the foot of Mount Vesuvius which is smaller but much better preserved than Pompeii, is very popular and only a limited number of tickets are sold daily. So it’s no surprise that tickets for Herculaneum sell out very fast. This is why, booking your ticket online and in advance is highly recommended as it is the best way to secure your ticket and guarantee your visit.
Herculaneum Ticket Options:
Herculaneum Priority Entrance Ticket - with this smartphone ticket you will enjoy skip the line entrance, allowing you to pass the long line of people waiting to buy their ticket. Once inside you can spend unlimited time visiting this ancient Roman city. This ticket is valid for one day and you have the option to add an audioguide to this ticket.
Pompeii & Herculaneum Combo Ticket - this is a fantastic combo ticket option if you want to visit the two ancient Roman towns both devastated by the eruption of Mount Vesuvius but still perfectly preserved. This smartphone ticket gives you skip the line entry to both Pompeii and Herculaneum. The ticket is valid for one day, so you have to visit both sights on the same day but you are free to visit either of them first. You also can add an interesting and very informative audioguide to this combo ticket.
Visiting Herculaneum for free
Children younger than 18 years old can visit Herculaneum for free.
Also EU undergraduate, master or postgraduate students in architecture, education, cultural arts conservation, literature and philosophy with specialization in archeology or art history can visit Herculaneum for free.
If you are visiting with a free or reduced ticket please bring your ID. Students must present a valid Student ID.
Herculaneum: A few Good to Know & Tips
- Wear comfortable shoes, sunglasses, and sunscreen. This is especially recommended in the summer. And don’t forget to bring a bottle of water.
- Children can only enter if accompanied by an adult.
- Large items, such as big bags and backpacks, are not allowed inside. But you can store these in the free cloakroom located at the entrance.
- Herculaneum is wheelchairs accessible
- Must see attractions when visiting Herculaneum
- The House of Aristides
- Villa of the Papyri
- The House of Alcove
- The House of Argus
- The House of Genius
- College of the Augustales
- Central Thermae
- Skeletal Remains
How to get to Herculaneum?
Address: Corso Resina, 80056, Ercolano
From Naples by train: from the Naples Garibaldi train station take the Circumvesuviana train directed to Sorrento and get off at Ercolano Scavi. From the Ercolano Scavi train stop is a 50-meter walk.
From Pompeii by train: take the Circumvesuviana train directed to Naples and get off at Ercolano Scavi.
By car: you can drive to Herculaneum. There is underground parking available at the site.
Herculaneum Opening Hours
- Wednesday - Sunday open from 9:30 to 19:30
- Last admission is 90 minutes before closure.
- Closed Monday and Tuesdays
- Closed on 1st of January and the 25th of December.