Leaning Tower Of Pisa Tickets
Leaning Tower Of Pisa Tickets
Pisa and the Leaning Tower Roundtrip from Florence : Skip The Line
- Roundtrip in a GT bus with air-conditioning
- Experienced multilingual assistant
- Guided tour of Pisa with a professional guide (if selected)
- Skip the line access to the leaning tower (if selected)
Pisa Walking Tour & Leaning Tower: Skip the Line
Lean into history with a guided tour of Pisa and its architectural treasures
Leaning Tower of Pisa Ticket Information
Where to buy tickets for the Leaning Tower of Pisa?
You can buy your ticket online or at the ticket office, located at the entrances of the Square of Miracles.
Tickets bought at the ticket office are a bit cheaper because you are not charged the online booking fee. However, lines at the ticket office are usually long and, as the number of daily visitors are limited, tickets sell out fast, especially in high season.
Thus, spending a few euros more for your online ticket is well worth it. Your online ticket will allow you to skip the lines and guarantee entry to the tower on the day and at the time you want to visit.
What does the skip the line ticket for the Leaning Tower of Pisa include?
The skip the line ticket allows you to pass the long lines at the ticket office and immediately start your 30 minute visit of the Pisa tower. You will climb almost 300 steps. Once you reach the top you will enjoy spectacular views of the Square of Miracles (Piazza dei Miracoli) and of the city of Pisa.
This ticket is a smartphone ticket, so no printing is required. When you book your ticket you need to choose a day and time slot for your visit. On the day of your visit, it is important to be on time - latecomers won't be let in and will need to buy a new ticket.
This ticket also includes access to the Cathedral of St. Mary of the Assumption. Although the Cathedral of Pisa is free of charge visitors need a ticket in order to be admitted. You can visit the Cathedral whenever you want, there is no time slot for your visit.
It does not, however, give you access to the other landmarks located on the Square of Miracles: Baptistry, the Camposanto, the Sinopie Museum and the Opera del Duomo Museum.
If you want to visit all of the attractions located on the Square of Miracles then book your ticket with museument and select priority entry to all attractions and not only for the Leaning Tower of Pisa.
Meanwhile, if you want to visit all sights, except for the Pisa Tower, then book the ticket for Baptistry, Graveyard and the Cathedral. This ticket gives you fast track access to the Baptistry, the Camposanto (i.e. Monumental Graveyard), the Sinopie Museum, the Opera del Duomo Museum as well as the Cathedral of Saint Mary of the Assumption.
Are there discounted tickets for the Pisa Tower?
There are no reduced tickets for the tower. All visitors, including children, must buy the full priced ticket.
Can you visit the Leaning Tower of Pisa for free?
Only disabled visitors and their helper can visit the Pisa Tower for free, but need to show relevant certification at the ticket office.
Visiting the Pisa Tower: Some Tips & Good to know
- Wear comfortable walking shoes - you will climb a lot of stairs and occasionally the surfaces are uneven and slippery.
- The best time to visit the Tower of Pisa is early in the morning, when the tower opens. This is usually the least crowded time. Lines at the ticket office are not too long and you should find an available time slot if tickets don't sell out in advance.
- A visit of the Leaning Tower of Pisa lasts 30 minutes.
- For safety reasons, children under 8 years old are not allowed in. While children under the age of 18 can only visit with an adult supervision. Children need to bring an ID as they might be asked by the staff at the entrance to provide proof of their age.
- Climbing the tower is not suitable for visitors with motor disabilities or cardiovascular problems.
- Every visitor needs to go through a security check before entering the tower. You need to leave all objects which are not allowed in, such as bags bigger than 20x30x38 cm, large suitcases, and metal objects of any size, at the cloakroom which is free of charge.
- Entrance to the Cathedral of Pisa is free but visitors need a ticket to be allowed in. Tickets to the Leaning Tower of Pisa, as well as tickets to other attractions located on the Square of Miracles, include an entry ticket to the Cathedral. If you only want to visit the Cathedral then you need to get your free ticket with a fixed time slot from the ticket office. When visiting the Cathedral it’s important that you respect the dress code.
How to get to the Leaning Tower of Pisa?
From Pisa’s Central Station - you can walk to the tower, it will take you about 20 minutes. Alternatively, if you don’t feel like walking, you can take the LAM rossa bus and get off at the Square of Miracles.
By Car - it is an easy drive. It takes a bit less than 90 minutes if there is no traffic. You will find a paid parking lot close to the Leaning Tower of Pisa.
By Train - you can take a train leaving from the Central Station of Florence to Pisa’s Central Station. The train takes a bit more than an hour. Once arrived in Pisa you can walk to the tower or take the LAM rossa bus to the Piazza dei Miracoli.
Book a Day Tour - if you want to enjoy a complete hassle free day trip from Florence then book one of the many fantastic day tours from Florence. You won’t need to worry about driving, finding parking, buying a train ticket or even booking your ticket for the Leaning Tower of Pisa. Everything is included in your day trip package!
Leaning Tower of Pisa Opening Hours
- The Pisa Tower is open every day from 10:00 - 17:00.
- The ticket offices open 30 minutes before the tower opens and closes 30 minutes before the tower’s closing time.
- Last entrance to the tower is 30 minutes before closing time.