Milan Duomo Tickets
Milan Duomo Tickets
The Duomo di Milano, Rooftops & Museum
- Skip the Line Smartphone Ticket
- Access to all areas (Duomo, Rooftop, Museum, Church of St. Gottardo in Corte, Archaeological Area)
- Choose between elevator (Pass A) or stair access (Pass B)
- 10% discount at the gift shop
- Optional Audioguide
The Duomo di Milano: Rooftop
- Entrance Ticket to the Rooftop
- Choose between elevator or stair access
The Duomo di Milano, Museum & Archaeological Area
- Skip the Line Smartphone Ticket
- Access to the Cathedral, Museum, Archaeological Area, Church of St. Gottardo in Corte & ongoing exhibitions
- Audioguide for the Cathedral and Museum (if selected)
- Free cancellation up to 24 hours before your visit (if selected)
Best of Milan: Duomo, The Last Supper & Teatro alla Scala
The Duomo, a history lesson, and a peek at Da Vinci's 'The Last Supper'
See the best of Milan in 48 hours
The Duomo, Rooftops & Archaeological Area: Guided Tour
A detailed look at one of Milan's most important Gothic buildings
Duomo Rooftops: Private Tour
Walk between the earth and sky in Europe's second-biggest cathedral
The Duomo, Rooftops & Archaeological Area: Private Tour
Explore Milan's breathtaking cathedral on a private guided tour with roof access
Milan Duomo Ticket Information
Why book your Milan Duomo ticket in advance?
The Duomo is the symbol of Milan and a must see for anyone visiting the city. Given its popularity, the line at the ticket office can be very long, especially on weekends and in high season. Therefore, buying your ticket online in advance is highly recommended as it will allow you to skip the long lines and save you precious time on your holiday.
Milan Duomo Ticket Options
There are a number of different ticket options available for visiting the Duomo. What ticket you will end up buying depends on what you want to see in the Duomo. The Milan Duomo is divided into different areas. For some of these areas you need to be in the possession of a ticket in order to gain access, while for other areas this is not the case. The 5 main areas of the Duomo which you can only visit with a ticket are the following:
- The Cathedral
- The Museum
- The Archaeological Area
- Church of St. Gottardo in Corte
- The Rooftop (aka terraces)
Below we list the different ticket options available, with a small description of each and how much the ticket costs:
Duomo Pass by Lift (aka Duomo Pass A) - this ticket gives you priority access to all areas of the Duomo (i.e. the Cathedral, the Rooftop, the Museum, the Archaeological Area and the Church of St. Gottardo in Corte). With this Duomo Pass you will access the rooftop by elevator instead of having to take the stairs. An optional audioguide, which is available in 9 languages, can be added for a small additional cost.
Duomo Pass by Stairs (aka Duomo Pass B) - this smartphone ticket is identical to the Duomo Pass A described above, with the only difference that instead of accessing the terraces by elevator you will climb up the stairs. Likewise, an optional audioguide is available for a small additional cost.
Ticket for the Duomo & the Museum (aka Culture Pass) - This skip the line ticket gives you access to all areas of the Duomo, except for the rooftop.
Milan Cathedral: Rooftop Terraces Ticket - this fast track mobile ticket only provides access to the rooftop from where you will enjoy stunning panoramic views of Milan. You can choose between accessing the rooftop by stairs or the elevator. The elevator option costs a little more but you will not have to climb up the 250 steps.
Milan Duomo Tickets - Good to Know
- Your ticket is open date. If you cannot make it for the day you selected you can go another day.
- With your ticket you can visit each attraction only once.
- Your ticket is valid for 3 days. The validity starts when you scan your ticket for the first time.
- If you add an audioguide to your ticket you will need to bring a valid ID (ID card, passport or driver's license) for the rental
Take a tour of the Duomo
Another way to experience the Milan Duomo is to take a tour. Your expert guide will tell you about the magnificent architectural features of the cathedral, the artwork contained within and the historical context. It’s fun, informative and well worth paying a bit more than the standard entrance ticket. We offer a number of top Milan Duomo tours which will not disappoint.
To have the full Milan experience, consider booking a combo tour. This includes a visit of the Duomo, to the Last Supper and other top sights in Milan. It’s a good way to see Milan’s top sights of the historical center of Milan in a few hours, accompanied by detailed descriptions from your guide.
Best time to visit the Duomo
Go visit the Duomo as early in the morning as possible. This is the ideal time to visit, as you will be able to explore the Duomo in more solitude than at other times of day. It’s also a perfect time to take pictures as the sun rises behind the cathedral.
If you don't mind visiting the Duomo when it’s busier, consider going for sunset. The sunset from the rooftop is stunning. You will enjoy breathtaking panoramic views over Milan against the backdrop of the alps.
Milan Duomo - Good to know
- Since it is a church there is a strict dress code. No shorts or sleeveless shirts are allowed. Shoulders and knees must be covered for both men and women.
- Food and drinks are not allowed in the Duomo.
- Large bags as they are not permitted and there is no storage on site.
- Although there is an elevator, unfortunately the rooftop area is not accessible by wheelchair.
Milan Duomo Opening Hours
Cathedral: 8am - 7pm
Duomo Museum: 10am - 6pm (closed Wednesdays)
San Gottardo Church: 10am - 6pm (closed Wednesdays)
Rooftop: 9am - 7pm (summer hours from 9th May - September 13th: 9am to 9:30pm)
Archaeological Area: 9am - 7pm
Last time to purchase tickets for all areas is 1 hour before closing time
Last entrance for all areas is 50 mins before closing time