The Metropolitan Museum of Art Tickets
The Metropolitan Museum of Art Tickets
The Metropolitan Museum of Art (The Met)
- Skip the Line Smartphone Ticket
- Entry to The Met & The Met Cloisters
- Ticket is valid for 3 consecutive days of admission
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours before your visit
NYC: Metropolitan Museum of Art Skip-the-Ticket-Line Entry
Skip-the-line at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, one of the world's finest art galleries. 17 curatorial collections feature over 2 million works of art from ancient Egypt to modern day. Benefit from same-day admission to the Th...
Meet The Met: Extended Metropolitan Museum of Art Tour
See 5,000 years of art, from Ancient Egypt to modern America, in just 3 hours
New York Pass: Access to Over 100 Attractions & Tours
The New York Pass offers you free entry to 100+ iconic attractions for up to 10 days. Save up to 45% off the normal admission price, while enjoying fast-track entry to some of the most popular sights. Download your mobile pass ...
New York City Explorer Pass w. Over 85 Tours & Attractions
The New York City Explorer Pass is the best choice for maximum savings and flexibility. Save up to 55% off admission to over 85 attractions and iconic landmarks including the Empire State Building.
New York: Hop-On Hop-Off Ferry Pass and 1 or 3 Attractions
Save money and experience the best of New York City with a ticket for the hop-on hop-off ferry for the day, plus admission to your choice of 1 or 3 attractions, tours, museums or entertainment options.
The Metropolitan Museum of Art Ticket Information
The Met, short for the Metropolitan Museum of Art, has more visitors than any art museum in the United States and is one of the top 5 most visited museums worldwide. With over 2 million works of art in its permanent collection, organised by 17 curatorial departments, you could spend a life-time exploring and appreciating its vast collections. Certainly, no visit to New York City is complete without a visit to the Met.
The Met Online Ticket Options
Metropolitan Museum of Art Skip the Line Ticket - this mobile ticket grants you fast track access to all exhibits at both Met locations - the Met and the Met Cloister. As the ticket is only valid for one day, if you want to visit both the Met and the Met Cloister you will need to visit them on the same day.
Because of covid-19 the Met, in order to reduce crowds, is limiting the number of visitors allowed in at the same time. For this reason, after booking your ticket online, you will need to book a time slot for your visit on the Met website.
On the day of your visit, you will show your smartphone ticket at the entrance and receive a sticker which you have to wear for the duration of your visit.
The Metropolitan Museum of Art ticket price:
- $25.00 for adults
- $17.00 for seniors
- $12.00 for students
- Free for children younger than 12
- Students of New York, Connecticut and New Jersey and Residents of New York State can decide how much they want to pay for the visit and a valid ID is necessary to be let in
New York City Pass - you can also visit the Met with a city pass of New York City. There are numerous passes to choice from. If you are interested to learn more about the different city passes and how they work visit our New York City Pass Page.
Health & Safety Measures
- All visitors older than 2 years old need to cover their face.
- Visitors are asked to maintain physical distancing.
- All visitors temperature will be checked before entering the museum.
- Visitors should regularly use hand sanitizer and wash their hands during their visit.
- To reduce crowds, the number of visitors allowed in at the same time is controlled and limited.
A Few Tips & Good to know before your Visit
- After or during, your visit to the Met, enjoy a drink and incredible views of the Central Park at the Rooftop Garden Cafe
- Visitors entering with a reduced ticket need to show a valid ID at the entrance
- All visitors need to go through a security check and lines at the security check cannot be skip with the skip the line ticket.
- Suitcases and rolling bags are not allowed in and the coat check is temporarily closed.
The Met Directions
The Met is located on the 1000 Fifth Avenue
By Subway the 86th Street station on the Green Line is the subway station closest to the MET.
From the Met to the Met Cloister take the M4 bus from Madison Av/83 Street and get off at the last stop.
From the Met to the Met Breuer take the M2 bus from 5 Av/East 81 St to 5 Av/East 75 St or walk taking the 5th Avenue and Madison Avenue.
Metropolitan Museum of Art Opening Hours
Thursday & Friday: 12pm. – 7pm
Saturday–Monday: 10am– 5pm
Closed every Tuesday and Wednesday
The Met also is closed on the first Monday of May, Thanksgiving Day, the 25th of December and the 1st of January.