Castel Sant' Angelo Tickets
Castel Sant' Angelo Tickets
Castel Sant'Angelo: Skip The Line
Overlook the Tiber from this iconic mausoleum-turned-museum
- Free or discounted fast track entrance to museums and archaeological sites
- Unlimited free use of Rome’s public transport (excl. trains)
- Valid for 2 or 3 days depending on the option selected
- Free cancellation up to 24 hours before your visit (if selected)
Castel Sant'Angelo Ticket Information
Castel Sant’Angelo, which was built as a mausoleum for Emperor Hadrian, is located on the right bank of the Tiber outside the walls of the Vatican City and is absolutely worth a visit during your stay in
Below we tell you everything you need to know about Castel Sant'Angelo tickets, including how much tickets cost, who is eligible for a discount ticket, when you can visit for free, as well as some useful visiting information to make the most of our visit.
Castel Sant'Angelo National Museum Online Tickets
Castel Sant’Angelo Skip the Line Ticket - this smartphone ticket gives you priority entry inside Castel Sant’Angelo. You will be able to visit the entire Castel as well as the temporary exhibitions displayed in the main rooms of the Castle. Also included is an informative audio guide which you can download on your smartphone and it's available in the following languages - English, Italian, German, French, Spanish and Mandarin.
This ticket also gives you free access to the National Museum of Palazzo Venezia which you can visit within 7 days after your Castel Sant’Angelo visit.
The Castel Sant’Angelo Ticket costs:
- Adults: 20.50 euro
- European citizens from 18 to 25 years old: 7.50 euro
- Visitors between the age 0-17 years can visit for free. But if they want to get skip the line entrance they need to reserve their entrance online for which they will be charged 5.50 euros.
Visitors who are eligible to visit the Castel Sant’Angelo for free or with a discounted ticket need to show a valid ID at the entrance. If you forget your ID you won't be allowed in with the discounted ticket. To enter you will have to pay a full price ticket and the discounted ticket will not be refunded.
Can you visit Castel Sant’Angelo with the Roma Pass?
Castel Sant’Angelo: Good to Know
- On the first Sunday of the month of October to March entrance to the Castel Sant’Angelo is free for every visitor.
- Disabled people can always enter for free. But Castel Sant’Angelo, unfortunately, is not wheelchair accessible.
- Every visitor has to go through a security check before entering.
- Backpacks, suitcases, large bags as well as knives, glass bottles and sharp objects are not allowed into the Castle.
How to get to the Castel Sant’Angelo?
Address: Lungotevere Castello, 50, Roma
- By Metro: the closest metro stop is Lepanto, located on Line A (red). From Lepanto it’s about a 15 minutes walk to Castel Sant’Angelo. Another stop located close by is Ottaviano-San Pietro, also located on Line A, also from this metro stop it’s about a 15 minutes walk.
- By Bus - the bus stop closest to Castel Sant’Angelo is located on Piazza Pia. From there it takes less than 5 minutes to walk to the entrance of Castel Sant’Angelo. There are a number of buses that stop at Piazza Pia including lines 23, 30, 40, 62, and 982.
Castel Sant’Angelo Opening Hours
- Monday to Sunday: 9am - 7:30 pm
- Castel Sant’Angelo is closed on the 1st of January, 1st of May and the 25th of December.