Colosseum Underground Tours
Colosseum Underground Tours
Small-Group Ancient Rome & Colosseum Underground Tour
Enjoy a walking tour of the Colosseum's underground chambers. Discover where the Romans caged wild animals, walk on the arena floor where the gladiators fought and visit the Roman Forum to see the center of ancient Roman life.
Colosseum Underground Tour with Priority Access
Visit the Colosseum's underground chambers, an area off-limits to standard tours. Explore the gladiator's rooms and the arena floor. After you enjoy priority access to the monument, you'll descend to its lower levels to hear ta...
Rome: Colosseum Underground, Roman Forum & Hill Tour
Enjoy exclusive access to areas of the Colosseum not available on a regular ticket such as the Underground, Arena and upper tiers. Learn more about everyday life in Ancient Rome at the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill.
Colosseum Underground: Priority Access Guided Tour
Get a unique gladiator’s-eye view of the Colosseum during this Skip-the-Line tour. Your expert guide will take you backstage into areas that are normally off-limits. Plus, visit the Palatine Hill and Roman Forum.
Plan Your Visit
Why book in advance?
Colosseum is the most popular attraction in Rome, with millions visiting each year. It is notorious for its long lines at the entrance. If you don’t buy your ticket in advance, you should expect to spend 2-3 hours waiting in line – or even longer in high season!
Buying your ticket in advance will allow you to skip the long lines and go straight to security check. Though you might incur a small booking fee, your time is much better spent visiting the Colosseum, rather than waiting in a long line, which in the summer can be exhausting due to the extreme heat and lack of shade.
What to book?
Skip the Line Tickets - are always highly recommended. You will bypass the long waiting line at the ticket office and proceed straight into the venue saving you valuable time during your vacation.
Guided Tours - If you want to have a more in depth cultural experience, a guided tour can be a good choice. You will learn interesting facts from your expert guide and immerse yourself into the incredible history of the Colosseum.
Self Guided Tours - An option somewhere in between a skip the line ticket and a tour is the skip the line ticket with audio guide included. Offered in several languages, you can learn a lot, whilst taking things at your own pace.
Why book with Ticket Guide
- We handpick tickets and tours from top providers to make sure you can find the best options, at the best price and with the best availability.
- We provide a wealth of information to help you plan your visit and enjoy your holiday with peace of mind.
- Last Sunday in October – 15th February: 08.30 am - 4.30 pm
- 16th February - 15th March: 08.30 am- 5.00 pm
- 16th March - Saturday in March: 08.30 am - 5.30 pm
- Last Sunday in March - 31st August: 08.30 am - 7.15 pm
- 1st September – 30th September:08.30 am - 7.00 pm
- 1st October - last Saturday in October: 08.30 am - 6.30 pm
- Closed on December 25th and January 1st.